HARD ROCK / GLAM

Nevoeiro
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: terça set 05, 2006 6:07 pm
Contacto:

Re: HARD ROCK / GLAM

Mensagempor Nevoeiro » domingo set 13, 2009 12:59 am

coragem Escreveu:
Zyklon Escreveu:Gosto bastate de Slaughter.....hum...
Podia tambem falar de Motley Crue ou dos senhores Wasp mas todos conhecem...

morri :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Eu não, já vi esse álbum mencionado no tópico "O que estas a ouvir". É um bom disco e Slaughter merecia ter tido mais reconhecimento. O primeiro álbum que tive deles foi o "Fear no evil".

Imagem

coragem
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: terça jan 01, 2008 11:56 pm

Mensagempor coragem » domingo set 13, 2009 1:02 am

nao imagino o zyk a curtir isto :shock:

Nevoeiro
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Nevoeiro » domingo set 13, 2009 1:10 am

Venøm
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quinta jan 03, 2008 10:50 am

Mensagempor Venøm » domingo set 13, 2009 11:53 am

coragem Escreveu:os tugas

havia outros mas nao encontrei videos :?

Ia postar isso! hehehe Muito bom!

coragem
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: terça jan 01, 2008 11:56 pm

Mensagempor coragem » domingo set 13, 2009 12:18 pm

e conheces os THE FIRE?

Venøm
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor Venøm » domingo set 13, 2009 12:20 pm

Gosto bastante de RATT. Ainda ontem tive a ouvir o Invasion of Your Privacy 1985.

Imagem

Nevoeiro
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Nevoeiro » domingo set 13, 2009 3:27 pm

Também estão a gravar novo disco. Supostamente para sair em 2o10. :D

RATT in the studio finishing up their long awaited new studio release!

It's been (10) years since their last release, Stephen is recording lead vocals now. Guitars and back up vocals next week.

Title and release date Jan. 2010 TBA

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse ... =508390386

Os Bulletboys também gravaram um novo disco. Se por um lado fiquei chocado com a mudança de direcção da sonoridade, desta feita mais rockada e actual, também me surpreenderam pois o álbum está decente. Depois de ver um Marq Torien todo podre e alucinado não esperava grande coisa. No entanto, o novo "10c Billionaire" é bastante consistente, dinâmico e também honesto até porque a esta altura do campeonato gravar um disco é mesmo por gosto. Aliás, este álbum é mesmo um tiro aos velhos fans da banda, mas também uma evolução que se no início me fez torcer o nariz, agora entranhou-se. Na minha opinião, "10c Billionaire" está abaixo dos dois primeiros álbuns, mas é a melhor coisa que fizeram desde o ZA ZA.

antigamente

Nevoeiro
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Nevoeiro » terça set 15, 2009 4:21 pm

É bom ver que o Torien acordou.

Bulletboys - '10c Billionaire' (Chavis Records)
CD Reviews
Written by Dom Daley
Sunday, 13 September 2009 20:46

Forget the 80's and all the Ted Templeton-produced (or over-produced) songs like 'Hard As A Rock', 'Smooth Up In Ya' or 'Kissin Kitty'. They were decent songs with some great riffs but the 2009 Bulletboys are stripped of all the gloss and fat and sound like a lean, mean, rockin' machine.

'10c Billionaire' kicks off in a pretty angry, mean and aggressive fashion with what I might describe as a "bitchin" riff and a nice aggressive vocal from Marq Torien who, incidentally, sounds in fine voice - in fact, god damn it, he sounds better than ever. 'Asteroid' reminds me a little of the Stone Temple Pilots - is that a bad thing?

This record sounds pissed off to me and maybe it's a reaction to all the rubbish coming from all four corners of the globe, as we are being drowned by the X Factor and Wherevers Got Talent bile that's here today, gone in five minutes. Who knows, but there is plenty on offer here.

Of the ten tracks offered, the band manage to sound relevant and bang up to date. I can hear a lot of their influences for sure; there are Kiss and Cheap Trick melodies going on but there is also a great punk kind of feel to this record as well - I kid you not, peeps! Crank it up, grab the tennis racket, close the door and throw some of those shapes. 'Born To Breed' hurtles through the speakers with a great riff and melody that messrs Stanley and Simmons would kill for in 2009. 'Bringing Home The Gun' should really have been called 'Bringing Home The Cannon' because that's what it sounds like going off in my lug holes. Next up, the stand out track - 'Girls Kissin Girls' just rocks and is as catchy as anything you'll hear this year. It marries perfectly that Ramones punk sound and Kiss catchiness I was on about. This stands up there with all the new kids on the block.

The album hurtles on at a frantic pace with no time for any power ballads or any chart friendly gloss. 'Jenna Star' follows 'Girls Kissin Girls' and the best way to describe this song is to imagine Cheap Trick were writing a new song and someone sneaked up on them only to boot 'em in the knackers - a right pissed off Cheap Trick sounds about right to my ears. Then comes the "single" - remember them? - 'Road To Nowhere' may be the only track that really slows the pace down, but don't mistake it for anything resembling a power ballad because it isn't.....but catchy it is. Another highlight for me is album closer 'Witness' - imagine Downset (yup, I did say Downset) wearing tight leather trousers and with nice hair - got it? Well, the bass run is stinking dirty as is the riff.

So, in summary, I'd recommend this record to anyone who likes a big filthy riff or two, some stormin' vocals and more hooks than a fishing tackle shop. Go buy it and tell me I'm wrong. Horns up and mucho kudos Mr Torien!
-----------------------------------
Chavis Records

Track Listing: Asteroid, Blessed By Your Touch, Born To Breed, Bringing Home The Gun, Girls Kissin' Girls, Jenna Star, Road to Nowhere, Save The World, Wasted, Witness, Bonus Track - Road to Nowhere (Radio Remix)

Rating: 6 stars!

Bullet Boys are best known as a hair band from the 80's who spawn one of the biggest songs from that era, "Smooth Up", BUT, what alot of people might not know is that the band's name has been kept alive throughout the years by Marq Torien....he's the only original member left in the band, he looks alot different these days, BUT, his trademark vocals are still as strong today as they were back in the day, his showmanship is still as amazing today as it was back then, & BulletBoys have a new cd in the stores entitled, "10 Cent Billionaire" & I'll assume that the record title is a play off the "T.C.B" initials that Elvis used back during his prime, which was taken from a popular 70's rock song by B.T.O. entitles "Takin' Care of Business". Anyways, the new BulletBoys record, believe it or not, is an amazing record..it's NOT 80's hair metal...the band sounds new, fresh, raw & real! There's elements of grunge, modern rock, metal, straight up rock, & there's NO hints of the bands past hair metal on this disc at ALL!!!! I'll admit it, I thought to myself, yeah, a new BulletBoys record...I know what they do, nothing new.....well, guess what....I was WRONG!!! "10 Cent Billionaire" is a great new record, it's NOT re-hashing the past at all, it's very modern & contemporary sounding, it's a rocker, the vocals sound great, the backing band is amazing..."Girls Kissin' Girls" is my personal favorite off the record & the best thing I can say about this cd is, If you thought you knew what the BulletBoys were all about based after one song from the 80's, then you are totally wrong, because the BulletBoys are still out there, they still rock, they have re-invented & changed their sound to go with the modern times & the music they made on their new cd is really, really good rock n roll & that's no lie! The only thing that might hold the band back a little is the name BulletBoys simply because it's associated with hair metal, BUT, I want to assure you, the music on this cd IS NOT hair metal...it's raw, honest, real rock n roll & it stands up with ANYTHING you will hear being made today!

By: Bob Suehs
Rock and Roll Experience
-------------------
Bulletboys
10c Billionaire
Chavis Records
CR0023
Released Date: August 11, 2009

Track Listing
1. Asteroid
2. Blessed By Your Touch
3. Born To Breed
4. Bringing Home The Gun
5. Girls Kissin' Girls
6. Jenna Star
7. Road To Nowhere
8. Save The World
9. Wasted
10. Witness
11. Road To Nowhere (Radio Version)

First thoughts??? Oh shit! Another 80's band trying to do 1 of 2 things. Either jump on today's band wagon and fail miserably or rehash left over crap from the heydey. Who knew???

Who knew well documented crazy and eccentric frontman Marq Torien could write one brilliant record!!! I have to admit I was teetering on edge about this release. On one hand I didn't care after that Sophie release but on the other hand I had to hear it. I'm a neurotic music fan, nuff' said.

The hype about this record was over-the-top from label Chavis Records and justifiably so. Chavis hypes everything but if that's what it takes, then I commend him. 10c Billionaire is a great culmination of old and new and a reinvention of Bulletboys. You get that soulful rasp of vocalist Marq Torien, plus you get solid musicianship, killer but relevant guitar riffs, rock-hard guitar leads, and tight rhythm and bottom end. The new band looks pretty relevant as well. Kudos to Marq for going with a new vision.

The penned songs are well crafted and it is evident as to who wrote the killer songs on their debut. Kicking 10c Billionaire off and one of my fav tracks is Asteroid. A modern feel yet just blasts ya right from the start. Blessed is a groovy track and another great one. Born To Breed really stands Billionaire up and is one of the heavier tracks followed by Bringing Home The Gun.

The pop rock track Girls Kissin' Girls can and should be heard on every radio station world wide that plays mainstream rock. Ideally most of this release is radio friendly. It's just that great. Jenna Star took a while but it really transitions the release nicely. Road To Nowhere a fantastic song in its own right, was circulating well before 10c Billionaire was ever released and I had heard it a year or so ago on the Ed Trunk show.

Ahh... Save The World, this is by far one of the best tunes I have heard in a very long time. This is just a great rockin' tune and contains some of the best bass lines. In fact, the bass playing throughout this release is perfect. Wasted is another heavy rocker and spools the release up once again. 10c Billionaire ends Witness and the radio version of Road. I like the radio version best. Its fatter and more in your face.

Production is very solid and Anthony Focx did a magnificent job. I have to mention the artwork on this one. I love the cover and how they brought back hatchethead. Torien still looks like he is 25 and the packaging although nothing outrageous, fits and is well done. And did anyone notice the bullet flying in from the left hand side on the inside? Where'd that come from? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Kudos.

Overall, I commend Marq Torien for reinventing the band and actually delivering a sonically solid and well crafted release in 10c Billionare. This so trumps anything since the debut and Freakshow. It combines the best of the old and molds it in with the new standards of today. The youngones of today really need to know about 10c Billionaire. It crosses all the boundaries. I do have to make mention of some of the crazyness that tends to spew forth at the shows, but hey, who says it can't happen? These guys just might be crazy enough to pull some of it off! I caught the band on tour with Faster Pussycat and Bulletboys smoked them hands down. I just wish they played more of the new stuff.

Raising the horns and a solid rating from Lanman...

Rating 9.8 out of 10.0

http://forums.metalsludge.tv/forums/vie ... 1&t=209938

ABGRUND
Metálico(a) Compulsivo(a)
Registado: terça fev 14, 2006 1:38 am
Contacto:

Mensagempor ABGRUND » terça set 15, 2009 8:16 pm

Imagem

The Tubes

Banda de San Francisco com maior impacto nos anos 70, o "glam" deles era mais inserido numa onda satírica, numa indirecta meio anti-glam, por isso nem sei se aproxima-se propriamente do esperado neste tópico, de qualquer forma, fica ai a sugestão para os (poucos?) que não conhecem.

Anywhere out of this world...

Nevoeiro
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Nevoeiro » terça set 15, 2009 11:12 pm

Hericane Alice

Os Hericane Alice foram um grupo oriundo de Minneapolis que tentaram a sua sorte nas lides discograficas, se bem que inutilmente. Gravaram dois álbuns, sendo que o primeiro foi uma edição muito limitada apenas acessivel a uns quantos. O ultimo disco, editado pela Atlantic, foi aquele que os deu a conhecer e por ai ficaram. No entanto, "Tear the house down" ficou na memória de alguns, sendo que ainda o cheguei a ver a preços exorbitantes no ebay (antes da reedição em cd). Foram capazes de criar, na minha opinião, uma das melhores baladas do género hard/glam, "Dream Girl".

Imagem

Gabrielle-Yeats
Metálico(a) Compulsivo(a)
Registado: terça set 15, 2009 11:03 pm

Mensagempor Gabrielle-Yeats » quarta set 16, 2009 1:21 am

coragem Escreveu:os tugas

havia outros mas nao encontrei videos :?

Eh pá do que tu me lembraste!!! Fogo eu curtia mt esses bacanos.
"Can't rain all the time"

Nevoeiro
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Nevoeiro » quarta set 16, 2009 2:01 pm

War babies
Imagem

Os War Babies curiosamente, foram um grupo de Hard Rock oriundo de Seattle. A banda formou-se em 1991 sendo que, no ano seguinte gravaram aquele que permanece como o seu único álbum. Neste caso, pode-se imputar a culpa de tamanho insucesso ao Grunge e aos "bandwagon fans" que devem constituir 90% da população mundial :mrgreen: .

Zyklon
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta jan 04, 2008 10:47 am
Contacto:

Mensagempor Zyklon » quarta set 16, 2009 2:12 pm

coragem Escreveu:nao imagino o zyk a curtir isto :shock:

È a diferença entre nós os dois, irmão,é que enquanto tu falas mal de certas coisas maioritariamente sem as conheceres eu vou falando mal ou bem conhecendo-as um pouco nem que seja somente reportando-me aquilo que ouvia na minha juventude :twisted: .
E como os exemplos que dei existem outros mais,mas prefiro continuar a ter esta imagem do gajo que detesta Metal como já me disseram....por isso e como dizia o outro não negues uma ciencia que á partida desconheces.
E claro a batalha against Manowar never ends :beer:

Venøm
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor Venøm » quarta set 16, 2009 6:16 pm

Toma coragem, já mamaste! :lol:

Nevoeiro
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor Nevoeiro » sexta set 18, 2009 1:43 pm

Já se pode ouvir o single do novo álbum dos Wasp.

:arrow: http://www.demolitionrecords.com/news.html

:jam:

Imagem

Já agora, a tour vai passar por Espanha.

Dec 9th, Razzamatazz 2, Barcelona, Spain
Dec 11th, Sala A, Vigo, Spain
Dec 12th, La Riviera, Madrid, Spain
Dec 13th, Rock Star Live, Bilbao, Spain

Voltar para “Arquivo 2004 a 2009”

Quem está ligado:

Utilizadores neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 9 visitantes