Metal News - 2015

lang
Administrador
Registado: quarta mar 21, 2007 10:28 am

Re: Metal News - 2015

Mensagempor lang » sexta out 23, 2015 12:06 pm

EMPEROR frontman Ihsahn (real name: Vegard Sverre Tveitan) has completed work on his new solo album, to be released soon via Candlelight Records.

Ihsahn played a brand new song, "My Heart Is Of The North", at this year's edition of the Heavy Montreal festival in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.

Ihsahn told Eternal Terror in June about his forthcoming solo CD: "I would say in 95 percent of cases, [when I am working on a new album] it's all fresh [ideas that I end up using]. This time, it's a bit diferent. There are a few themes from my upcoming album that were, not leftovers, but things that I wrote in the period when I did [2013's] 'Das Seelenbrechen', but that did not fit into that album, but that I, in my mind, [thought] 'This wil fit better in the next one.' Because the previous album was such a, kind of, different type of album."

Asked if he is the type of artist that listens back to his albums and wishes he could go back and change things about each one, Ihsahn said: "Well, I used to be like that, but now, I guess, since I've done quite a few albums over the years, for me, they're more representations of times. And, I guess, also with my solo work, I've had particular ideas… not limiting, but making a framework for each album to work within, so that it becomes a project and kind of an experiment in itself. So whereas the previous album was this total freeform, mental-trip kind of thing, this new album is much more focused on the rhythmical aspects and something that is inspired by other types of music that I really enjoy that are really focusing in on good choruses and really… not necessarily technical, but really cool guitar riffs. At least that's the intention — to focus on a more classic vibe."

Released in October 2013, "Das Seelenbrechen" was described in a press release as "a bold and adventurous recording that is a musical contrast to the progressive shades and saxophone augmentations of the EMPEROR vocalist/guitarist's previous two albums (2009's 'After' and 2011's 'Eremita')."

In 2014, EMPEROR celebrated the 20th anniversary of its "In The Nightside Eclipse" album by making a number of festival appearances.

Fonte: Blabermouth
«And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them» (Genesis 6/1-7)

Uforia
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: sábado mar 03, 2007 3:49 pm
Contacto:

Mensagempor Uforia » sexta out 23, 2015 2:52 pm

Primeiro avanço para o novo álbum dos Anthrax:

pafg
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: terça dez 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Mensagempor pafg » sábado out 24, 2015 2:41 pm

Meh... fraquinho. Nunca achei piada a Anthrax (aka os gajos que roubaram aos Exodus o slot da tour big four) nem a "cena" à volta deles.

Entretanto era giro algum promotor pegar nesta tour. Curtia ver Brainstorm.

Imagem

abyssum
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta out 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Mensagempor abyssum » sábado out 24, 2015 5:06 pm

BELPHEGOR - present new track 'Totenkult - Exegesis Of Deterioration' [rehearsal footage] + kick-off North American tour!

Europe's diabolical death metal force BELPHEGOR is working on new material: Check out this exclusive clip of BELPHEGOR playing 'Totenkult - Exegesis Of Deterioration', recorded live right in their "rehearsal bunker", tracked and edited by Jakob Klingsbigl, filmed by blood brother Barth Resch:

'Totenkult - Exegesis Of Deterioration' will be included on the upcoming album, scheduled for a late 2016 release date. The track will be performed live for the first time during the upcoming North American tour. The raid kicks off at Knotfest Open Air in San Bernardino, California on Saturday, October 24th with an early play time at 4:05-4:50pm, Extreme Stage 004.

Jorgetime
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quinta jul 02, 2009 4:42 pm

Mensagempor Jorgetime » domingo out 25, 2015 2:44 pm

GoncaloBCunha Escreveu:TEXTURES ANNOUNCE NEW ALBUM 'PHENOTYPE'

Imagem

Spoiler: Mostrar
Dutch progressive metallers TEXTURES are about to release a musical diptych: 'PHENOTYPE' -'GENOTYPE'. Two new albums set up around one concept. The Dutch sextet is not a band to put out an album every year in a row. The band took almost 2,5 years to write and record albums no. 5 and 6.

"Music is no fast food! Details are crafted and re-crafted. Extra layers are created and stretched to form the ultimate tension span for years to last."

'PHENOTYPE', the first album to be released on February 5th 2016 via Nuclear Blast, is a 60-minute long song-based album. TEXTURES present an eclectic overview of what modern metal has to offer. Catchy, innovative and progressive songs are what TEXTURES stand for.
The new virtuosos Uri Dijk (synth) and Joe Tal (guitar) deliver a new, harmonic vibe to the mature TEXTURES sound.

'GENOTYPE', which will be released a year later, is a 45-minute long conceptual track. The root material of which 'PHENOTYPE' consists of is presented in this song, but in a totally different context: TEXTURES go out-of-the-box. More proggy, more atmosphere and lots of extra layers to fill the last gaps left in this extensive double rollercoaster ride.

Finalmente. E ainda bem que optam por ter um intervalo de um ano, não suporto álbuns duplos.

Soulforged
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: segunda dez 19, 2011 11:37 pm

Mensagempor Soulforged » terça out 27, 2015 12:18 am

Jorgetime Escreveu:não suporto álbuns duplos.

Porquê?

P - SERRABULHO
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quinta jul 21, 2011 11:04 am

Re: SERRABULHO (PT) - STAR WHORES (CD) released by Rotten Roll Rex

Mensagempor P - SERRABULHO » quarta out 28, 2015 9:44 am

Star Whores review @ Dutch website Brutalism.com
http://brutalism.com/content/serrabulho-star-whores
Imagem

UnknownOne
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quinta nov 25, 2004 6:47 pm

Mensagempor UnknownOne » sexta out 30, 2015 12:18 pm

pafg Escreveu:Meh... fraquinho. Nunca achei piada a Anthrax (aka os gajos que roubaram aos Exodus o slot da tour big four) nem a "cena" à volta deles.

Entretanto era giro algum promotor pegar nesta tour. Curtia ver Brainstorm.

Imagem

Heavy Metal e Portugal não combinam. Mais vale ir a Espanha :|

lang
Administrador
Registado: quarta mar 21, 2007 10:28 am

Mensagempor lang » sexta out 30, 2015 12:30 pm

Imagem

Philadelphia (November 25 at The Fillmore) and Detroit (November 28 at The Fillmore) have been selected as the cities on the "Abigail In Concert 2015" tour at which KING DIAMOND will film the live shows for the band's forthcoming DVD. The massive, multi-camera shoot will be directed by Denise Korycki (CANNIBAL CORPSE, KILLSWITCH ENGAGE), and will also include additional footage from multiple shows throughout the trek.

KING DIAMOND will perform its classic second album, 1987's concept effort "Abigail", in its entirety on the band's upcoming U.S. tour. Support on the trek, which will begin on October 29 and run through December 5, will come from legendary San Francisco Bay Area thrash metallers EXODUS.

KING DIAMOND guitarist Andy La Rocque told Artisan News about the making of the "Abigail" album: "I've actually got some great memories [from the recording sessions for the LP]. I remember the whole studio thing pretty well, actually. Back in… I think we started back in December 1986 to record it, after we got back from some touring and stuff, and some writing too, and rehearsing, of course. [It was a] very cold winter back in Copenhagen, you know. We spent about two months, I think, with the recording and the mixing. And the whole recording process, I thought, was very, very creative, and I think we just captured an amazing atmosphere on the whole album, which still, when you listen to it today, is, like, 'Wow!' You get back to the feel you had for it while you recorded it. So it's still a very cool and special album to me."

KING DIAMOND in 2002 released an album called "Abigail II: The Revenge", which was said to feature a storyline that was the sequel to the original "Abigail" LP.

La Rocque in July said that KING DIAMOND hasn't officially started working on material for the follow-up to the band's 2007 album "Give Me Your Soul...Please", but he talked about a possible direction for the next CD. He said: "Hopefully the sound of the album is gonna be better. I don't really know about the story or… I've got some riffs and such that I wrote a few years back, actually, but I have to go back and check that to see if that still can be used. I don't know about that, because we get new ideas all the time. So we'll see about that. But I'm sure we're gonna have some fresh, good ideas for the next album, that's for sure. And when that's gonna happen, we don't really know."

Imagem

fonte: Blabbermouth
«And the Lord said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them» (Genesis 6/1-7)

abyssum
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor abyssum » sábado out 31, 2015 6:57 pm

abyssum
Ultra-Metálico(a)

Mensagempor abyssum » segunda nov 02, 2015 6:38 pm

Imagem

Season of Mist are proud to announce the signing of EMPTINESS. The Belgian squad will release their next full-length on this label.

Regarding their signing, EMPTINESS comment: "We are currently working on the follow-up to 'Nothing But The Whole', for which our aim is to release it in late 2016 on our new label Season of Mist. We also would like to thank Dark Descent for supporting us in our decision and for helping to spread the seeds of the void. Important news will follow in due time."

Imagem

Santyago
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quinta jan 08, 2009 2:44 am

Mensagempor Santyago » segunda nov 02, 2015 11:24 pm

abyssum Escreveu:
Imagem

Season of Mist are proud to announce the signing of EMPTINESS. The Belgian squad will release their next full-length on this label.

Regarding their signing, EMPTINESS comment: "We are currently working on the follow-up to 'Nothing But The Whole', for which our aim is to release it in late 2016 on our new label Season of Mist. We also would like to thank Dark Descent for supporting us in our decision and for helping to spread the seeds of the void. Important news will follow in due time."

Imagem

A Season of Mist a contratar uma banda de 3ª categoria
Old_Skull Escreveu:Esta MUrda é cada vez mais um antro de Guerrilheiros de Teclado. Até dá gosto... :grim:

Brunhu
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sábado out 24, 2009 1:41 am
Contacto:

Mensagempor Brunhu » terça nov 03, 2015 10:54 am

Não sei bem o que achar disto!! :?

Dante
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quinta mai 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Mensagempor Dante » terça nov 03, 2015 1:04 pm

Achas isso a cada disco deles que sai. :)
Eu estou a gostar desta meia música.
Última edição por Dante em terça nov 03, 2015 1:05 pm, editado 1 vez no total.

Dante
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quinta mai 19, 2011 8:44 pm

Mensagempor Dante » terça nov 03, 2015 1:04 pm

Voltar para “Arquivo”

Quem está ligado:

Utilizadores neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 34 visitantes