Metal News - 2010

Joao_
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: sexta ago 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Re: Metal News - 2010

Mensagempor Joao_ » segunda dez 13, 2010 1:53 pm

aurynbearer Escreveu:
Nhec Escreveu:
Perforation Escreveu:Outra novidades para 2011...

Imagem
Dornenreich - Flammentriebe

Yes!

X2!

x3

Alguém sabe se desta vez já não vai ser tudo acústico?

Perforation
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quinta jan 22, 2009 12:47 pm

Mensagempor Perforation » segunda dez 13, 2010 2:05 pm

Parece que desta vez não é quase tudo acústico...
▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼

Joao_
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: sexta ago 07, 2009 9:57 pm

Mensagempor Joao_ » segunda dez 13, 2010 2:28 pm

Perforation Escreveu:Parece que desta vez não é quase tudo acústico...

Ok, ainda bem :wink:
Apesar de que o álbum anterior estava muito bom

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quarta mar 05, 2008 11:18 am
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » segunda dez 13, 2010 8:44 pm

Wolfheart66
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: segunda nov 22, 2010 9:25 pm

Mensagempor Wolfheart66 » terça dez 14, 2010 4:07 pm

Errm... Portugal é tão pertinho não custava dar ca um pulinho :jeroen:
Imagem

morbidcorpse
Metálico(a) Compulsivo(a)
Registado: quinta ago 31, 2006 4:24 pm

Mensagempor morbidcorpse » terça dez 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Dear Cynic Fans,

We're announcing a change in the band's lineup this winter. After much soul-searching and discussion, Cynic will say goodbye to bassist Robin Zielhorst and guitarist Tymon Kruidenier. This decision was reached mutually, with great respect for each other as people and the work that we've done over the past 2-3 years. The logistical challenges of maintaining a band that is half based in The Netherlands and the other half in the United States (drummer Sean Reinert and guitarist Paul Masvidal live in California), has become unworkable. The pre-production stages for Cynic's next release have just begun and it seemed like an appropriate time to define the next chapter of the band. The new Cynic release is coming in summer 2011 on the Season of Mist label.

Paul Masvidal comments: "Tymon and Robin are great guys whose hard work made it possible for Cynic to get back out on the road and tour the world with Traced In Air. I'm really grateful for their contribution and presence, and look forward to seeing where their talents and music will take them next.

Robin Zielhorst comments: "It has been an honor to play and perform in Cynic. Tymon and I would like to thank Paul and Sean for the opportunity and to especially thank the fans for their support and for warmly welcoming us into the Cynic family. We look forward to seeing you all on the road soon."

Cynic's immediate plan is to continue writing and do pre-production for their new record. They are also working towards a remixed re-release of their classic recording "Focus." Robin and Tymon plan to work on a new release from their band Exivious, which will likely be recorded in Tymon's new soon-to-be completed recording studio

Please direct any inquiries to Cynic's manager Andy Karp at info@artisthaven.net.

Thank you,

Paul & Sean
The seed of ignorance is born thou shalt not think, thou shalt conform
http://www.myspace.com/slowlywe_rot

BlackwaterPark
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: segunda jan 11, 2010 12:45 am

Mensagempor BlackwaterPark » terça dez 14, 2010 7:46 pm

morbidcorpse Escreveu:Robin and Tymon plan to work on a new release from their band Exivious

:shock:
Com uma novidade destas estou cagando para os Cynic.

GoncaloBCunha
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: domingo abr 01, 2007 7:27 pm

Mensagempor GoncaloBCunha » terça dez 14, 2010 7:48 pm

morbidcorpse Escreveu:Robin and Tymon plan to work on a new release from their band Exivious

Tendo em conta que os Exivious tinham acabado, há males que vêm por bem! :metal:
CDs/Vinil para venda/troca AQUI [sempre actualizado]

Vaargseth [RIP 2012/04/25]

Mensagempor Vaargseth [RIP 2012/04/25] » terça dez 14, 2010 7:50 pm

BlackwaterPark Escreveu:

:shock:
Com uma novidade destas estou cagando para os Cynic.

Eu não estou cagando para os Cynic... mas com um novo álbum de Exivious, deixo o novo de Cynic uma beca de lado.

Demon Cleaner
Participante Inspirado(a)
Registado: quarta abr 21, 2010 3:27 pm

Mensagempor Demon Cleaner » terça dez 14, 2010 8:47 pm

KYUSS LIVES! To Record New Studio Album

KYUSS LIVES!, the project featuring three-quarters of KYUSS — the influential American stoner rock/metal band, originally from Palm Desert, California — will record a new studio album following its upcoming tour. The group features bassist Nick Olivieri, drummer Brant Bjork and singer John Garcia along with guitarist Bruno Fevery, who most recently played with Garcia in the GARCIA PLAYS KYUSS project.

Speaking to U.K.'s Rock Sound magazine, Garcia said, "Our rehearsals are going so well that we're thinking of doing another record . . . Brant, Nick and myself have collectively agreed that once everything is done live and we're done with our solo projects, we're going to do another record."

Blabbermouth

Hmm... :|
Imagem
Toma lá que já almoçaste! :metal:

Cyberquake
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quarta fev 01, 2006 1:13 am
Contacto:

Mensagempor Cyberquake » terça dez 14, 2010 9:27 pm

GoncaloBCunha Escreveu:

Tendo em conta que os Exivious tinham acabado, há males que vêm por bem! :metal:

Justamente o que ia dizer.

Grind-zé
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta out 19, 2007 5:59 pm

Mensagempor Grind-zé » terça dez 14, 2010 9:30 pm

Demon Cleaner Escreveu:
KYUSS LIVES! To Record New Studio Album

KYUSS LIVES!, the project featuring three-quarters of KYUSS — the influential American stoner rock/metal band, originally from Palm Desert, California — will record a new studio album following its upcoming tour. The group features bassist Nick Olivieri, drummer Brant Bjork and singer John Garcia along with guitarist Bruno Fevery, who most recently played with Garcia in the GARCIA PLAYS KYUSS project.

Speaking to U.K.'s Rock Sound magazine, Garcia said, "Our rehearsals are going so well that we're thinking of doing another record . . . Brant, Nick and myself have collectively agreed that once everything is done live and we're done with our solo projects, we're going to do another record."

Blabbermouth

Hmm... :|

Deixa vir... se o Holmes estivesse lá sairia uma coisita cheia de tabaco e sem droga. Com estes três deve ser só erva, coca e speeds e nada de tabaco!
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum!

Occupy Metal.

onedayless
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: sexta jul 04, 2008 10:21 pm

Mensagempor onedayless » terça dez 14, 2010 10:20 pm

Six Feet Under To Release Live DVD

Florida's SIX FEET UNDER is, without a doubt, one of the most active and best live acts in death metal. A constant institution since the mid-'90s. Party.San Open Air in Bad Berka, Germany is known as a place where bands give 110% and more and so did SIX FEET UNDER on August 8, 2009. Being headliners on this very night, SIX FEET UNDER unleashed hell on stage and delivered one of the best shows in its career!

17 hits of grooving death metal were carved on DVD to make all the SIX FEET UNDER fans worldwide be part of this legendary evening at Party.San Open Air. The gig was filmed by Roax Films with nine cameras and recorded in 5.1 Surround Sound, picture size 16:9 — best entertainment guaranteed!

Comments SIX FEET UNDER vocalist Chris Barnes: "It was compiled from footage that we filmed at the Party.San festival in Germany from August 2009. All of the show was shot on high-definition camera, and it just really looks awesome. It's on the same wavelength as our With Full Force video, really excellent show, awesome crowd. This time we were playing at night, so they utilized some really giant pyrotechnics, so it was awesome and frightening at the same time."

"Wake The Night! Live In Germany" track listing:

01. No Warning Shot
02. Silent Violence
03. Revenge Of The Zombie
04. Feasting On The Blood Of The Insane
05. The Day The Dead Walked
06. Seed Of Filth
07. Shot In The Head
08. Torn To The Bone
09. Suffering In Ecstasy
10. The Enemy Inside
11. The Evil Eye
12. Victim Of The Paranoid
13. Human Target
14. Deathklaat
15. Ghosts Of The Undead
16. Shadow Of The Reaper
17. Beneath A Black Sky

To make the purchase even more attractive, the initial European pressing will include the digipak version of the latest SIX FEET UNDER covers album, "Graveyard Classics III".

The DVD will be released on mid-price and the bonus CD will not cost a penny extra! This release and the attached price strategy is a big thank you from Chris Barnes and his gang to all their loyal fans.

"Wake The Night! Live in Germany" will be released on January 31 in Europe (three days earlier in Germany) and February 1 in North America via Metal Blade Records.

Alice in Chains Hope Eighth Grammy Nomination Is the Charm
Alice in Chains guitarist Jerry Cantrell is hoping eight is the magic number for his band. They've been nominated for Grammy Awards in the Best Hard Rock Performance category seven times since 1992, but have never won. This year, Alice in Chains are up for a Best Hard Rock Performance Grammy yet again with 'A Looking in View' from the band's 2009 album 'Black Gives Way to Blue.'

"It's nice to be nominated as many times as we have," Cantrell humbly told Noisecreep. "To be included among so many other artists over the years that we admire and respect means a lot."

So far, Alice In Chains have been nominated for 'Man in the Box' (1992), 'Dirt' (1993), 'I Stay Away' (1995), 'Grind' (1996), 'Again' (1997), 'Get Born Again' (2000), 'Check my Brain' (2010) and now 'A Looking in View' (2011).

There's are a few reasons why Alice in Chains stand a good chance to win this year. They deserved the award last year and the Grammys sometimes recognize their mistakes. The Grammys also love a comeback, and 'Black Gives Way to Blue' is the band's first album since the tragic death of former frontman Layne Staley in 2002. And finally, it's a great song -- loud, heavy and loaded with great vocal harmonies

That being the case, Alice in Chains are up against some stiff competition in Ozzy Osbourne's 'Let Me Hear You Scream,' Soundgarden's 'Black Rain,' Stone Temple Pilots' 'Read Between the Lines' and Them Crooked Vultures' 'New Fang.'

"We put hard work and effort into the music we make, and to have the academy and our peers recognize it is cool," Cantrell said. "Maybe one of these decades we'll win one."
Imagem

BlackwaterPark
Metálico(a) Supremo(a)
Registado: segunda jan 11, 2010 12:45 am

Mensagempor BlackwaterPark » terça dez 14, 2010 10:55 pm

Alguns comentários interessantes do Mikael acerca do próximo álbum de Opeth

Mikael was recently interviewed by Sweden rock magazine about the upcoming album and this is shortly what he basically said.

"In the beginning it was meant to be some sort of metal album, but after writing two song I realized I was lying to myself. The classic Opethelemnts were there and the fans would have liked it, but I didn't like it at all. This album will be really different to anything we've ever done before and I want to revolt against myself in my style of writing. I don't want this album to be the same as for example Blackwater Park.

Everybody in the band has agreed on a kind of a change of style, this album doesn't sound like anything the band want to release just to keep the name fresh, I recorded a demo tape with the classic metal sound and played it for Mendez and he pretty much said that he'd be disappointed if this would be our next album. The album is very complex and sounds kind of fusion-like and I think that many fans who think they know what we're about will hate it, but I'm sure many people will love it as well. One thing is for sure, no one will find it boring."

FC: Recently we heard that you going into the studio early next year. Are all the songs written?

Mike: Pretty much. I have 11 songs done, and Fredrik is working on 2 I believe. We´ll record everything but perhaps leave som stuff off the record. We´re going into Atlantis studios in Stockholm. Same place where we did "Soldier of fortune", the Purple cover. It´s a legendary place where Abba recorded all their records up til 1979.

FC: In an interview in Sweden rock magazine you said that you are tired of the image of yourself and Opeth and that the next record will surprise a few...can you explain a bit more?

Mike: Yes I guess so. I´m tired of the shallowness of metal musicians. I want to show that we´re something more than that, which we´ve always been to some extent. I don´t want Opeth lumped togheter with any of those other bands. I think most of it is horrible these days. New records from professional bands sounds like bloodless unmusical crap to me. It´s not even metal. Might have all the ingredients, like the distortion, the heaviness, the screams, but it´s not "metal" really. Our record will have some heavier moments but calling it a metal release would probably be misleading. But the music has an energy, nerve and playfulness that I personally have been missing in the music scene of today. I know my tastes in music is pretty extreme and very diverse and a lot of metal fans probably won´t understand what the hell I´m on about...but, well, I started this band, and became a musician because I wanted to do what I loved doing. My music is not going to make me it´s prisoner. I feel in my heart I want us to take this direction now, it feels obvious and "right". I´ve tried to guide the band on those impulses throughout our career and so far it´s been pretty decent. To me the new music sounds like the very essence of Opeth, but that´s pretty confusing to say I guess, cause everyone has a (different) opinion what that is exactly. To put it like this, it´s this record or nothing.

Vaargseth [RIP 2012/04/25]

Mensagempor Vaargseth [RIP 2012/04/25] » terça dez 14, 2010 11:04 pm

BlackwaterPark Escreveu:Alguns comentários interessantes do Mikael acerca do próximo álbum de Opeth

Mikael was recently interviewed by Sweden rock magazine about the upcoming album and this is shortly what he basically said.

"In the beginning it was meant to be some sort of metal album, but after writing two song I realized I was lying to myself. The classic Opethelemnts were there and the fans would have liked it, but I didn't like it at all. This album will be really different to anything we've ever done before and I want to revolt against myself in my style of writing. I don't want this album to be the same as for example Blackwater Park.

Everybody in the band has agreed on a kind of a change of style, this album doesn't sound like anything the band want to release just to keep the name fresh, I recorded a demo tape with the classic metal sound and played it for Mendez and he pretty much said that he'd be disappointed if this would be our next album. The album is very complex and sounds kind of fusion-like and I think that many fans who think they know what we're about will hate it, but I'm sure many people will love it as well. One thing is for sure, no one will find it boring."

FC: Recently we heard that you going into the studio early next year. Are all the songs written?

Mike: Pretty much. I have 11 songs done, and Fredrik is working on 2 I believe. We´ll record everything but perhaps leave som stuff off the record. We´re going into Atlantis studios in Stockholm. Same place where we did "Soldier of fortune", the Purple cover. It´s a legendary place where Abba recorded all their records up til 1979.

FC: In an interview in Sweden rock magazine you said that you are tired of the image of yourself and Opeth and that the next record will surprise a few...can you explain a bit more?

Mike: Yes I guess so. I´m tired of the shallowness of metal musicians. I want to show that we´re something more than that, which we´ve always been to some extent. I don´t want Opeth lumped togheter with any of those other bands. I think most of it is horrible these days. New records from professional bands sounds like bloodless unmusical crap to me. It´s not even metal. Might have all the ingredients, like the distortion, the heaviness, the screams, but it´s not "metal" really. Our record will have some heavier moments but calling it a metal release would probably be misleading. But the music has an energy, nerve and playfulness that I personally have been missing in the music scene of today. I know my tastes in music is pretty extreme and very diverse and a lot of metal fans probably won´t understand what the hell I´m on about...but, well, I started this band, and became a musician because I wanted to do what I loved doing. My music is not going to make me it´s prisoner. I feel in my heart I want us to take this direction now, it feels obvious and "right". I´ve tried to guide the band on those impulses throughout our career and so far it´s been pretty decent. To me the new music sounds like the very essence of Opeth, but that´s pretty confusing to say I guess, cause everyone has a (different) opinion what that is exactly. To put it like this, it´s this record or nothing.

Cuidado... já tou assustado... por outro lado simplesmente curioso.

Voltar para “Arquivo”

Quem está ligado:

Utilizadores neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 10 visitantes