Dark Templar Escreveu:DEP
Mas, infelizmente, já se estava a adivinhar...
Mieszko Talarczyk, dos Nasum, desaparecido na Tailândia
"I promised a text about NASUM's future three months ago… Here it is. NASUM is no longer an active band. There will never be another studio recording or a live show. NASUM ended with the death of Mieszko. No one is sorrier about this than me. I remain the only founding member and NASUM has more or less been my life for the past 5-10 years. All the other members have always had other bands to play with; I've had nothing and have nothing today.
"I think we all came to the same decision without really talking about it. Continuing without Mieszko seemed impossible. The thought of bringing a new member into the band to replace someone who died was terrible in so many levels. It felt unfair to the fans, to us and to that new guy who would have had a lot of pressure on his shoulders.
"It wasn't the way I wanted NASUM to end but we haven't got much of a choice. I can express exactly what the situation of NASUM is in Swedish: Vi lägger av men vi lägger inte ned, which in English would translate to: 'We're quitting but we're not quitting,' or rather: 'We're stopping it but we're not ending it,' to get the meaning of it.
"So NASUM is no more, but we're still here. Our music is very much alive and we'll continue to be here as long as you want us here. We have no issues with continuing to release more records and sell merchandise, and we hope you haven't got any too.
"Maybe there will be a time in the future when it feels OK to get together and do something new again. I would love to be an active member of NASUM again — I said it was my life, right? — and you never know what happens. But don't count on it. I have a urge to grind and I got to grind in some way.
-
Slither [RIP]
Nasum To Release Live Split CD With Napalm Death
(Source: Blabbermouth.net)
NASUM drummer Anders Jakobson has posted the following message on the group's official web site:
"Today I got a very appreciated package from Denmark with NASUM's three shows from Japan January 2004 on CD. Our Danish sound engineer Bo Lund has really taken his time sending me these CDs but, boy, was it worth the wait!
"I remember quite clearly how we sat in a hotel corridor in Osaka listening to the show we did just hours before by passing around Bo's minidiscplayer and headphones and just DIED by the great quality of the sound! It was really releaseable (is that a word?).
"I've just recently listened through that recording and it's without doubt the best live recording of NASUM that I have heard. It captures the massive sound we had live and the takes sound pretty OK as well.
"I will soon pick out the best stuff, polish it a little bit and prepare it for release. The idea is to do a live split with NAPALM DEATH (also recorded at the same tour), but I don't know when and how it's going to be released. I know Shane [Embury, NAPALM DEATH bassist] wants to release it on the FETO label. We'll see.
"I will share a track or two in a couple of days so you can hear for yourself how great this MINIDISC RECORDING (!) actually sounds!"
(Source: Blabbermouth.net)
NASUM drummer Anders Jakobson has posted the following message on the group's official web site:
"Today I got a very appreciated package from Denmark with NASUM's three shows from Japan January 2004 on CD. Our Danish sound engineer Bo Lund has really taken his time sending me these CDs but, boy, was it worth the wait!
"I remember quite clearly how we sat in a hotel corridor in Osaka listening to the show we did just hours before by passing around Bo's minidiscplayer and headphones and just DIED by the great quality of the sound! It was really releaseable (is that a word?).
"I've just recently listened through that recording and it's without doubt the best live recording of NASUM that I have heard. It captures the massive sound we had live and the takes sound pretty OK as well.
"I will soon pick out the best stuff, polish it a little bit and prepare it for release. The idea is to do a live split with NAPALM DEATH (also recorded at the same tour), but I don't know when and how it's going to be released. I know Shane [Embury, NAPALM DEATH bassist] wants to release it on the FETO label. We'll see.
"I will share a track or two in a couple of days so you can hear for yourself how great this MINIDISC RECORDING (!) actually sounds!"
-
sorath [RIP]
This past week the artwork and booklet design for the last (?) Nasum release, the collection “Grind Finale” was finalized and sent to the printer. Now I finally can give you a preview of the front cover for this release.
The cover has been made by Relapse’s art department - Orion Landau did the front cover and disc design and Jonathan Canady did the booklet design. I’ve worked very closely with these guys and the result is quite stunning if you ask me. I am totally satisfied with everything.
One of the most important things about the collection has been the packaging. I wanted this release to be something special, something that made it worth buying instead of downloading, which sadly has been the option for many people these days. Not surprising Relapse shared this idea and worked with me to find the ultimate package.
We decided to do the same kind of CD package as Tool used for their “Salival” release a couple of years ago. The package has hard covers with the two discs on the insides and between the covers an 80 (!) page booklet with liner notes, lyrics and lots of photos and artwork, some previously not seen before. I guarantee that “Grind Finale” will be worth the money it costs!
(Note that we will not have the traycase and plastic box that “Salival” has!)
The release dates are as follows:
USA: October 25th
Europe: October 31st
Japan: November (the Japanese edition will not include any bonusstuff!)
So it’s roughly two months left until “Grind Finale” is released. Remember that you can download 21 samples from the compilation at the audio/video page and read more about “Grind Finale” in this statement and in this detailed information.
In other news
I’ve uploaded a complete show from the European tour 2004 to the audio/video page. I got a VCD from the show in München, Germany November 11 and it’s now available for download. Unfortunately Dr Div X failed to compress the file keeping the sync so I offer you the original VCD file (MPEG) and a smaller Windows Media file instead. Check it out, it’s a pretty good show. We played fucking fast this evening!
Anders Jakobson
http://www.nasum.com
The cover has been made by Relapse’s art department - Orion Landau did the front cover and disc design and Jonathan Canady did the booklet design. I’ve worked very closely with these guys and the result is quite stunning if you ask me. I am totally satisfied with everything.
One of the most important things about the collection has been the packaging. I wanted this release to be something special, something that made it worth buying instead of downloading, which sadly has been the option for many people these days. Not surprising Relapse shared this idea and worked with me to find the ultimate package.
We decided to do the same kind of CD package as Tool used for their “Salival” release a couple of years ago. The package has hard covers with the two discs on the insides and between the covers an 80 (!) page booklet with liner notes, lyrics and lots of photos and artwork, some previously not seen before. I guarantee that “Grind Finale” will be worth the money it costs!
(Note that we will not have the traycase and plastic box that “Salival” has!)
The release dates are as follows:
USA: October 25th
Europe: October 31st
Japan: November (the Japanese edition will not include any bonusstuff!)
So it’s roughly two months left until “Grind Finale” is released. Remember that you can download 21 samples from the compilation at the audio/video page and read more about “Grind Finale” in this statement and in this detailed information.
In other news
I’ve uploaded a complete show from the European tour 2004 to the audio/video page. I got a VCD from the show in München, Germany November 11 and it’s now available for download. Unfortunately Dr Div X failed to compress the file keeping the sync so I offer you the original VCD file (MPEG) and a smaller Windows Media file instead. Check it out, it’s a pretty good show. We played fucking fast this evening!
Anders Jakobson
http://www.nasum.com
Quem está ligado:
Utilizadores neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 38 visitantes

