Tool

Secção para discussão sobre bandas que não se enquadrem no género Metal e associados.

Moderador: GoncaloBCunha

Regras do Fórum
Indiquem o género músical no título do tópico.
Não se envolvam em discussões sobre o género musical das bandas.

Trabalho preferido?

Opiate
Sem votos
Undertow
6%
Aenima
30%
Lateralus
52%
10 000 Days
12%

Total de votos: 81

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quarta mar 05, 2008 11:18 am
Contacto:

Re: Tool

Mensagempor portluis » sexta mar 01, 2013 6:29 pm

TOOL NEWSLETTER
FEBRUARY 2013, E.V.

Here’s the announcement from the band’s management about the 21st anniversary release of “OPIATE.”
“TOOL will release a handcrafted, bonus-laden, limited edition package of their original debut EP, Opiate, on Mar. 26 to mark the 21st anniversary of the six-song release.

The anniversary edition is limited to 5,000 copies and features art direction by Adam Jones, illustrations by legendary artist Adi Granov and design packaging by Mackie Osborne, who has collaborated with TOOL on many albums including 10,000 Days, Lateralus and Salival as well as posters and merchandise.

The 5,000 copies will be broken down as 5 x 1,000 runs with each set featuring a variation of the exterior graphics and included bonus items which include a new stereoscopic image for fans to use with their glasses from the 10,000 Days packaging.

The packages will only be available via TOOL’s website (www.toolband.com) on March. 26 and there will be no pre-orders. A limit of three packages from each of the 5 x 1,000 versions will be in place. More details to be announced soon.”

Q & A WITH ADI GRANOV

(NOTE: I have conducted interviews with the artists involved in Opiate’s new look, as well as the band members, but until the others are approved by the band’s management, here is some Q & A with graphic artist/illustrator ADI GRANOV. Once I receive the green light, I will append the other interviews to this newsletter, and post a heads up in the news section.)

Q: First off, how did you get involved with the cover artwork for the 21st anniversary release of Opiate?

A: Adam and I met last year, and he was already familiar with my work, so we started talking about collaborating on various things. At some point some artwork for Tool came up and Adam asked me if I'd be interested in doing the art for the Opiate anniversary. I was very happy to do it!

Q: Prior to meeting Adam, were you a fan of Tool's music, and/or their artwork? If so, what were your first impressions of seeing the original cover art of Opiate?

A: I discovered Tool at a pretty significant point in my life, as a war refugee in former Yugoslavia. It was a desperate time, so the music was a significant means of escape. Tool's music really impacted me and I have been a fan ever since.

I've lived with the music for a while before, upon moving to the US, seeing the album art. I don't remember if I connected the meaning immediately, but I do remember the intensity of the image. It was intense and creepy, kind of terrifying. It was a while before I realised that the figure was a sculpture rather than makeup on a model.

Q: The wizened visage of the ORIGINAL 'Opiate-Priest' appears more human looking (albeit perhaps possessed by something of a demonic nature) than the NEW version, which to my eyes looks more humanoid or alien (at least in modern ET portraiture). Has this anything to do with the idea that the demons and monsters of old can better be explained as extraterrestrial or ultra-dimensional intelligences?

A: The idea was to take the original priest through a metamorphosis to the next level, so to speak, of his possessed state. The energy is now literally radiating out of him, breaking out. Adam and I talked at length about the visual direction we should go with the priest and we decided that, while the original had an angry expression, this incarnation should be calm, emotionless, at peace and puzzling.

Q: Do you personally have any feelings or opinions on the whole "ancient astronaut" hypothesis - that Extraterrestrial beings might be responsible for the creation of humankind (by genetic manipulation of an existing earth hominid, etc.), or, at least, gave us certain tools which ultimately led to modern civilization?

A: I find the idea incredibly captivating, and certainly, a case could be made for it when looking at various evidence found throughout history, but I can't say I think about it much in any way beyond it being a fantastic premise for interesting stories. I would love for it to be true, but, I suspect, I'll never find out.

Q: I read online that your wife sometimes provides color assistance to your art. If this indeed is the case, did she have any suggestions with regards to the colors used foe the new Opiate-Priest, etc.?

A: My wife Tamsin is involved with most things I do, usually helping with art direction and a fresh perspective, etc. I usually run things by her as I work to get some feedback and/or reassurance.

Q: If someone "off the street" were to ask you what the Opiate-Priest" represented, what might you tell him or her? Just another monster from the ID, or something more?

A: It definitely represents the idea of the song Opiate as I saw it through the discussions with Adam over the weeks we worked on the art. It represents a combination of his and my visualisation of the possession and power radiating through an influential figure of a priest. A slightly more abstract and esoteric take on the message in the song itself. For those familiar with the original release, there will be a definite recognition and continuity, but taking it to a different place.

Q: Is there anything you'd like to say about working with Tool on their 21 anniversary release of Opiate?

A: It's a massive privilege to be involved. As I mentioned earlier, Tool's music has and does play a significant part in my life, so to be able to add something small to their story is a very special thing indeed.

Learn more about Adi and his work at www.adigranov.net

A SAMPLING OF TOOL AUSTRALIA/NEW ZEALAND TOUR PRESS INTERVIEWS

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/media/s3685623.htm

http://www.therock.net.nz/Tools-Danny-C ... fault.aspx

http://davidfarrier.co.nz/post/42452335 ... S5TIkZ3zTN

http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/features ... -seriously

http://www.3news.co.nz/Tool-to-play-Vec ... fault.aspx

ADDED SHOWS INFO

HAPPY TRAILS

BLAIR
JUSTIN
DANNY
MAYNARD
ADAM

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » terça mar 12, 2013 1:51 am

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » terça mar 12, 2013 2:18 am

Imagem

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » quarta mar 20, 2013 2:08 pm

Imagem

Grind-zé
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta out 19, 2007 5:59 pm

Mensagempor Grind-zé » quarta mar 20, 2013 9:33 pm

Imagem

Esta imagem ilustra bem as mais recentes novidades vindas da Toolcave.
I have come here to chew bubble gum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubble gum!

Occupy Metal.

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » quarta abr 10, 2013 9:24 pm

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » quarta abr 17, 2013 6:45 pm

Happy birthday, God.

Imagem

Santyago
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: quinta jan 08, 2009 2:44 am

Mensagempor Santyago » quarta abr 17, 2013 6:47 pm

E eu a pensar que era mais novidades sobre o "suposto" novo álbum :|
Old_Skull Escreveu:Esta MUrda é cada vez mais um antro de Guerrilheiros de Teclado. Até dá gosto... :grim:

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » quarta abr 17, 2013 10:09 pm

Santyago Escreveu:E eu a pensar que era mais novidades sobre o "suposto" novo álbum :|

O Adam Jones meteu isto hoje no seu Facebook, entretanto...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... nt_count=1

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » quinta abr 25, 2013 12:25 pm

http://www.fourtheye.net/2013/04/danny-to-debut-new-synth-at-australian-shows/

An evening with Tool (Australasia tour):
27 Apr @ Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia
28 Apr @ Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia
30 Apr @ AEC Arena, Adelaide, Australia
3 May @ Allphones Arena, Sydney, Australia
4 May @ Allphones Arena, Sydney, Australia
6 May @ Entertainment Centre, Brisbane, Australia
8 May @ Vector Arena, Auckland, New Zealand
9 May @ Vector Arena, Auckland, New Zealand
12 May @ Ozzfest, Chiba, Japan

Danny to debut new synth at Australian shows: http://www.fourtheye.net/2013/04/danny- ... ian-shows/

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » quinta abr 25, 2013 12:26 pm

Possíveis faixas que podem estar incluídas na setlist:

Spoiler: Mostrar
Opiate, Intolerance, Flood, Sober, (-) Ions / Stinkfist, Third Eye, Forty-Six & 2, Ænema, Hooker with a Penis, Pushit, Eon Blue Apocalypse / The Patient, Schism, Lateralus, Parabol / Parabola, Ticks & Leeches, Jambi, Vicarious, Intension, The Pot.

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » segunda abr 29, 2013 9:20 am

27 Apr @ Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia
Hooker With a Penis
Vicarious
Sober
Schism
Pushit
Intension
Lateralus
Intermission
Jambi
Forty-Six & 2
Ænema
Stinkfist

28 Apr @ Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne, Australia
Hooker With a Penis
Opiate (first time live since 2007)
Sober
Schism
Pushit
Intension
Lateralus
Intermission
Jambi
Forty-Six & 2
Ænema
Stinkfist

Inmist
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: terça nov 14, 2006 4:03 pm

Mensagempor Inmist » quinta mai 02, 2013 2:20 pm

Esticam-se demais... com tanto tempo pa lançar um album muitos fãs cagam neles porque a verdade é que há mesmo muita coisa melhor para ouvir :/ Ca noja!
"Hate the ones who bring you down"

portluis
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Contacto:

Mensagempor portluis » terça jun 04, 2013 1:07 am

Aug 27, 2013

Imagem

1. Monsters (Deconstruct) remixed by Mat Mitchell
2. The Green Valley (Verde River Maestro 507 mix) remixed by Rani Sharone (Stolen Babies)
3. Monsoons (JLE Motorik mix) remixed by Josh Eustis
4. Telling Ghosts (Giorgia O’Queef mix) remixed by Carina Round
5. Horizons (Dream of a Lie remix) by John Fryer (This Mortal Coil)
6. Man Overboard (11AD remix) by Alain Johannes
7. Toma (Burn Out remix) by Five Knives
8. The Rapture (JLE Needs Service mix) by Josh Eustis
9. Conditions of My Parole (F.U.B.A.R. remix) by Sir Mix-A-Lot
10. The Weaver (Virtual Vacuum remix) by Aaron Harris (PALMS)
11. Oceans (Green Mussel Mix) by Zac Rae
12. Tumbleweed (Delusions of Grandeur mix) by The Beta Machine

flipknot
Ultra-Metálico(a)
Registado: sexta nov 24, 2006 1:40 am

Mensagempor flipknot » terça jun 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Já criavas um tópico para puscifer ou lá o que é :mrgreen:

Voltar para “Bandas de outros estilos”

Quem está ligado:

Utilizadores neste fórum: Nenhum utilizador registado e 10 visitantes